Re: WIP: pushing parser hooks through SPI and plancache - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP: pushing parser hooks through SPI and plancache
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> ...  For the moment I've worked
>> around this by putting the typedef into nodes/params.h itself, but I
>> can't say I find that a pleasing solution.  Has anyone got a better
>> idea?  Should we make a parser/something header that just provides that
>> typedef?

> Hmm ... if you create the new include file, is that going to avoid
> having to include params.h in plancache.h?

Well, it'd include the new file instead of params.h.

> If not, I don't think there's much point in having a new file (other
> than the typedef just not fitting in params.h).

Yeah, what's bothering me is that it just doesn't fit there --- doesn't
seem to satisfy the POLA.  But I guess there are plenty of bigger
issues than that in our code base.