Stuck vacuum... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Diehl
Subject Stuck vacuum...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all.

I'm doing a routine vacuum on my database and it seems to be getting "stuck."

I've got a "servers" table with only a few rows and columns in it and this is
what vacuum has to say:

# VACUUM ANALYZE VERBOSE servers;
INFO:  vacuuming "public.servers"
INFO:  scanned index "servers_id" to remove 19200 row versions
DETAIL:  CPU 0.02s/0.01u sec elapsed 0.03 sec.
INFO:  scanned index "servers_name" to remove 19200 row versions
DETAIL:  CPU 0.03s/0.01u sec elapsed 0.05 sec.

The problem is that it's been stalled for several minutes.  It's beginning to
sound like a hard drive problem.  Any other ideas?

--

Take care and have fun,
Mike Diehl.