Re: array question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: array question
Date
List pgsql-general
Whit Armstrong <armstrong.whit@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's exactly what I needed.   Thanks very much!

If you have 8.4, you can use the build-in function array_agg() instead:

test=*# select * from x;
 a | b
---+---
 1 | 1
 1 | 2
 1 | 3
 2 | 1
 2 | 4
(5 Zeilen)

Zeit: 0,203 ms
test=*# select a, array_agg(b) from x group by a;
 a | array_agg
 1 | {1,2,3}
 2 | {1,4}
(2 Zeilen)