Re: CREATE LIKE INCLUDING COMMENTS and STORAGES - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Itagaki Takahiro
Subject Re: CREATE LIKE INCLUDING COMMENTS and STORAGES
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 12:15:21PM +0900, Itagaki Takahiro wrote:
> > Here is a patch to implement the following items in our ToDo list:
> >   * Add CREATE TABLE LIKE ... INCLUDING COMMENTS
> >   * Have CREATE TABLE LIKE copy column storage parameters
> >
> > The syntax is:
> >     CREATE TABLE clone_table (LIKE template_table INCLUDING STORAGES)
>
> This should probably read INCLUDING STORAGE (singular) instead of
> STORAGES.

Thanks. I fixed it to INCLUDING STORAGE.

In addition, I modified INCLUDING COMMENTS to copy comments not only
on columns but also on constraints. However, comments on indexes are
not copied because copied indexes are named in DefineIndex();
We don't know names of new indexes when we build a command list.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center