Re: CREATE LIKE INCLUDING COMMENTS and STORAGES - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: CREATE LIKE INCLUDING COMMENTS and STORAGES
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Itagaki Takahiro wrote:

> David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 12:15:21PM +0900, Itagaki Takahiro wrote:
> > > Here is a patch to implement the following items in our ToDo list:
> > >   * Add CREATE TABLE LIKE ... INCLUDING COMMENTS
> > >   * Have CREATE TABLE LIKE copy column storage parameters
> > >
> > > The syntax is:
> > >     CREATE TABLE clone_table (LIKE template_table INCLUDING STORAGES)
> >
> > This should probably read INCLUDING STORAGE (singular) instead of
> > STORAGES.
>
> Thanks. I fixed it to INCLUDING STORAGE.

This INCLUDING STORAGE is supposed to copy reloptions?  In that case I
think this is still a misnomer; to me it sounds like it's copying the
underlying storage i.e. data, which would be very surprising.  What
about "INCLUDING STORAGE OPTIONS"?