Re: pg_hba.conf: samehost and samenet - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf: samehost and samenet
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Stef Walter wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:

> > and not just use SIOCGIFCONF for all Unixen?
>
> I do know that using SIOCGIFCONF on AIX comes with strange wrinkles and
> variable length data structures etc... getifaddrs() on AIX is a far more
> maintainable interface.

Clearly the getifaddrs code looks nicer.  How can we distinguish the
SIOCGIFCONF implementations that have wrinkles from those that don't?
Is there some autoconf macro?

Something to keep in mind -- my getifaddrs(3) manpage says that on BSD
it can return addresses that have ifa_addr set to NULL, which your code
doesn't seem to check.