Re: sudden program termination: no warning, error, or crash - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From JwexlerAt MailDotCom
Subject Re: sudden program termination: no warning, error, or crash
Date
List pgadmin-support
> What encoding/locale is your database using?

The following are the contents from the SQL pane for the database:
-- Database: "alphaOneBiz"

-- DROP DATABASE "alphaOneBiz";

CREATE DATABASE "alphaOneBiz" WITH OWNER = kkelly      ENCODING = 'UTF8'      LC_COLLATE = 'English, United States'
LC_CTYPE = 'English, United States'      CONNECTION LIMIT = -1;

In pgAdminIII Options, the following are set:
User language: (en_US) English
Font: courier new
Display tab: Everything is selected

There is some Japanese data populating several tables. However, all table names, column names, comments, etc. are in
English.

By the way, I have been careful to avoid re-occurrence of the terminations by:
* Pausing before going to Excel 2007
* Switching between pfAdmin III and Excel 2007 by selecting the respective apps from the Windows task bar rather than
usingShift-Tab
(Additionally, my work on the database the last few days has been on data population and some database structure
changesrather than the intensive task of creating it from the data model where I had repeatedly encountered the sudden
programterminations and hence contributed to this thread.

Regards,
Jeff

=