Re: 2 versions of Postgres on the same machine - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Mason
Subject Re: 2 versions of Postgres on the same machine
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 02:16:20AM -0700, wstrzalka wrote:
>    I need to have 8.3 & 8.4 installed on the same machine (for
> pg_migrator). As I'm not Linux guru I used to install/update Postgres
> using yum from PGDG.

If you could use Debian or something based on it (e.g. Ubuntu) then this
is how it works by default.  You can have as many different "major"
(i.e. 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4) versions installed and running at the same time
as you want.

Building from source isn't too hard though, it's the keeping it up to
date that's more of a fiddle.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/