Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migrated tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migrated tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 06 August 2009 06:32:06 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have applied the attached patch to pg_migrator to detect enum,
> composites, and arrays.  I tested it and the only error I got was with
> the breakmigrator table that was supplied by Jeff, and once I removed
> that table the migration went fine, meaning there are no cases of these
> stored in the regression test database.

That might be a bit excessive.  As I understand it, arrays of built-in types
(e.g., int[]) should work fine.  I suspect the majority of uses of arrays will
be with built-in types, so allowing that would help a significant portion of
installations.