Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migrated tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migrated tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Hm ... has anyone tested pg_migrator using either composite types or
> >> arrays of user-defined types?  Both of them have got user-defined-type
> >> OIDs in on-disk data, now that I think about it.  For that matter, enums
> >> are going to be a problem too.
>
> > Don't arrays have embedded element OIDs too?
>
> Er, that's what I said.  It looks nasty :-(

Seems we have two possible directions to go in.  First I can easily
cause pg_migrator to exit if it finds any of these issues in any
database.

To allow pg_migrator to work, I would need to reserve the oids in
pg_type, import the dump, and renumber the pg_type entries (and
everything pointing to them) to the proper pg_type.oid.  The big problem
there is that I don't have access at the SQL level to set or change
oids. I am afraid the oid remumbering is something we would have to do
in the backend by walking through the pg_depend entries for the pg_type
row.  Yuck.

http://enterprisedb.com