Re: Content-Type in form variables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sam Mason
Subject Re: Content-Type in form variables
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 11:12:15AM -0700, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> If I receive a form via POST or PUT with with mulitple variables,
> files, application/json, others, is there anywhere in the environment
> to test he mime type of each variable?

?? this doesn't seem particularly related to PG!  Anyway...

mime-types are conventionally associated with files, not variables.
if you want to do input validation maybe you could write (or find) a
parser? a set of regexs are normally easy and formal enough for simple
purposes.

Most languages contain code for parsing mime encoded documents; python
makes this sort of thing reasonably easy if you want to stay reasonably
low level or there are lots of frameworks around to simplify things.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/