Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Aidan Van Dyk
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com> [090603 10:26]:
> Thats true, but it's not representable in VCS, unless you use cherry-pick,
> which is just UI around patch transport.  But considering separate
> local trees (with can optionally contain local per-fix branches),
> it is possible to separate the fix-developement from final representation.

I'll note that in git, cherry-pick is *more* than just "patch
transport".  I would more call it "patch commute".  It does actually
look at the history between the "pick"ed patch, and the current
tree, any merge/fork points, and the differences on each path that lead
to the changes in the current tree and the picked patch.

a.
aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,