Re: psql with "Function Type" in \df - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: psql with "Function Type" in \df
Date
List pgsql-hackers
tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 08:32:20AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > True, but the problem is that the brackets don't correspond [...]
>
> Yes, right. Still, square brackets seem (to me) to provide some visual
> cue. But I admit that this is already advanced bikeshedding and thus
> I'll politely bow out :-)

No problem;  we like polish here.  ;-)

If I can get someone else to say they prefer brackets over parentheses in
\? I will make the change.  Right now we have:
  \df[antwS+] [PATTERN]  list (only agg/normal/trigger/window) functions

With brackets it would be:
  \df[antwS+] [PATTERN]  list [only agg/normal/trigger/window] functions

http://enterprisedb.com