Re: psql with "Function Type" in \df - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: psql with "Function Type" in \df
Date
Re: psql with "Function Type" in \df  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Re: psql with "Function Type" in \df  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
> > \df[S+] [PATTERN]      list functions
> > \df[antwS+] [PATTERN]  list only agg/normal/trigger/window functions
>
> Shouldn't that second line have some curly braces?  Like maybe:
>
> \df{antw}[S+] [PATTERN]  list only agg/normal/trigger/window functions
>
> Technically, it should probably be even more verbose, but this might
> be adequate.

I suggested this to Bruce over IM:

\df[antw][S+]     list [only agg/normal/trigger/window] functions

(one line only, removing the second redundant line).  This seems
clea[nr]er to me.  Bruce says it would confuse users.  But really, if
you can understand the [S+] stuff you should be able to get the [antw]
stuff too, right?