Re: Problem with Windows XP Pro SP3 asn PostgreSQL 8.3.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Problem with Windows XP Pro SP3 asn PostgreSQL 8.3.5
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 25 March 2009 5:58:33 am Tk421 wrote:
>     I've configured postgreSQL server to listen only in one IP address
> and the error stills.
>
>     Anyone has more ideas to solve it?

In the past week have you installed any other software or changed the behavior
of software? In particular I am thinking of Anti-Virus software.

The reason I ask is that as far as I can tell the error comes from the section
of postmaster.c that has the following comment:

/*
 * Duplicate a socket for usage in a child process, and write the resulting
 * structure to the parameter file.
 * This is required because a number of LSPs (Layered Service Providers) very
 * common on Windows (antivirus, firewalls, download managers etc) break
 * straight socket inheritance.
 */

This would seem to point another process interfering with the Postgres.

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net