Re: contrib function naming, and upgrade issues - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: contrib function naming, and upgrade issues
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday 23 March 2009 12:34:31 Robert Haas wrote:
> That might not be the only time you ever want to create dependencies
> on the module object.  What if the module wants to create an
> additional table, view, etc. at some later time, following the load?
> I'm not sure whether there's a use case for that, but it doesn't seem
> totally implausible.

Then there's Tom's idea of SET module TO ...; to have the context handy, or a
WIP syntax in http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/ExtensionPackaging
 CREATE OR REPLACE EXTENSION foo ... AS $$ $$;

So you could REPLACE an existing extension and add whatever you need to.
--
dim