ODBC limitation?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carl Sopchak
Subject ODBC limitation??
Date
Re: ODBC limitation??  (Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net>)
List pgsql-general
When I run the following query through psql, it executes successfully.
However, when I run it through ODBC (via OpenOffice Base), I get the error

SQL Status: HY000
Error code: 1000

syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting BETWEEN or IN or SQL_TOKEN_LIKE

Is this some limitation of ODBC?  (I don't think so, so I'm going to ask on
the OpenOffice lists, but thought I'd check here, too...)

Query:

select number_of_years,
max(case when trial_id = 1 then period_results else null end) as MaxResults1,
min(case when trial_id = 1 then period_results else null end) as MaxResults1,
max(case when trial_id = 2 then period_results else null end) as MaxResults2,
min(case when trial_id = 2 then period_results else null end) as MaxResults2
from trial_results
where trial_id in (1,2)
group by number_of_years
order by number_of_years;

This is on Linux, Fedora 8, using PostgreSQL 8.3.6 and unixODBC...

Thanks for the help,

Carl