Re: parallel restore fixes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: parallel restore fixes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> The attached patch fixes two issues with parallel restore:
>
>    * the static buffer problem in dumputils.c::fmtId() on Windows
>      (solution: use thread-local storage)
>    * ReopenPtr() is called too often

Hmm, if pg_restore is the only program that's threaded, why are you
calling init_dump_utils on pg_dump and pg_dumpall?  It makes me a bit
nervous because there are some other programs that are linking
dumputils.c (psql and some in src/bin/scripts/) and even calling fmtId.

Also I think the fmtId comment needs to be updated.