Re: Postgres with phpScheduleIt - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Postgres with phpScheduleIt
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 05 March 2009 18:39:11 Stuart Luppescu wrote:
> Hello, I'm trying to install phpScheduleIt (an on-line calendaring
> application) on my system that has postgres 8.0.15 running. I have to
> admit upfront that I have very little idea how postgres works; my
> small-business accounting system uses it, but it's sort of like a black
> box to me.
>
> phpScheduleIt uses mySQL by default, but they claim is should work with
> postgres. The setup uses a script that starts like this:
>
> # phpScheduleIt 1.2.0 #
> drop database if exists phpScheduleIt;
> create database phpScheduleIt;
> use phpScheduleIt;

I downloaded phpscheduleit to check it out, and the brief answer is, it won't
work out of the box with PostgreSQL.  It looks like you could make it work
with a bit of effort, but if you are very new to PostgreSQL, this might not
be the best use of your time.

Btw., the latest phpscheduleit version is 1.2.11, and the latest PostgreSQL
version of that branch is 8.0.20.  Make sure you run up to date software.