Re: building pg_dump doesn't work - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: building pg_dump doesn't work
Date
Re: building pg_dump doesn't work  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Seems doable.
>
> > Attached.
>
> The TWO_MEMBER_SCANKEYWORD business seems a bit dangerous --- if the
> header file is read without having #defined that correctly, bad things
> will happen.  It might be better to leave that out, always define the
> struct the same, and just have pg_dump define PG_KEYWORD to fill the
> value field with zero.  Given alignment considerations, you're not
> saving any space by omitting the field anyhow.

Fixed.

I also added #include type.h to the ecpg keywords.c file, which means we
don't need to redefine YYSTYPE at all on any of the three keywords.c
file.  Looks cleaner overall.

Hopefully this is the last version of this patch.

Attachment