Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: This makes all the \dX commands (most importantly to most: \df) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: This makes all the \dX commands (most importantly to most: \df)
Date
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: This makes all the \dX commands (most importantly to most: \df)  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> > > Let me also say that that \d* display is ready to fall over from its own
> > > weight:
> > >
> > >     Informational
> > >       Modifiers: S = show system objects  + = Additional detail
> > >       \l[+]                list all databases
> > >       \d[S+]               list tables, views, and sequences
> > >       \d[S+] NAME          describe table, view, sequence, or index
> > >       \da[S] [PATTERN]     list aggregate functions
> > >       \db[+] [PATTERN]     list tablespaces
> > >       \dc[S] [PATTERN]     list conversions
> >
> > Hmmm, I wonder if it makes sense to make it four column instead of two
> > column.

OK, done (below).  'list' seems kind of redundant.  Can we factor that
out somehow?
Informational  Modifiers: S = show system objects  + = Additional detail  \l[+]                 list all databases
\d[S+]               list tables, views, and sequences  \d[S+]   NAME         describe table, view, sequence, or index
\da[S]  [PATTERN]    list aggregate functions  \db[+]   [PATTERN]    list tablespaces  \dc[S]   [PATTERN]    list
conversions \dC      [PATTERN]    list casts  \dd      [PATTERN]    show comment for object  \dd[S]   [PATTERN]    list
commentson objects  \dD[S]   [PATTERN]    list domains  \des[+]  [PATTERN]    list foreign servers  \deu[+]  [PATTERN]
 list user mappings  \dew[+]  [PATTERN]    list foreign-data wrappers  \df[S+]  [PATTERN]    list functions  \dF[+]
[PATTERN]   list text search configurations  \dFd[+]  [PATTERN]    list text search dictionaries  \dFp[+]  [PATTERN]
listtext search parsers  \dFt[+]  [PATTERN]    list text search templates  \dg      [PATTERN]    list roles (groups)
\di[S+] [PATTERN]    list indexes  \dl                   list large objects, same as \lo_list  \dn[+]   [PATTERN]
listschemas  \do[S]   [PATTERN]    list operators  \dp      [PATTERN]    list table, view, and sequence access
privileges  \z      [PATTERN]    same as \dp  \ds[S+]  [PATTERN]    list sequences  \dt[S+]  [PATTERN]    list tables
\dT[S+] [PATTERN]    list data types  \du      [PATTERN]    list roles (users)  \dv[S+]  [PATTERN]    list views

http://enterprisedb.com