Re: Need idea for a web framework for NLS site - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Need idea for a web framework for NLS site
Date
List pgsql-www
Robert Treat wrote:

> right...  as i noted earier, we just had this discussion. Have the ES guys had
> any luck with pootle? does anyone know if it would work well for peter's
> needs?

I don't think Pootle is appropriate here.  The only need here is to
display a table with some numbers, and provide links to the PO files for
a translator to download.

Perhaps if we were interested in changing the translation workflow we
could have some use for Pootle, but that's a different discussion.  I
tend to agree with Magnus -- something that easily generates a simple
HTML page is more than enough.  I don't necessarily disagree with
Damien; maybe a script generating the dokuwiki syntax is OK for this,
because it seems simpler to generate than full-blown HTML.  But then it
seems to me that a simple template-based approach on which one can tweak
the HTML is more useful.