Re: localhost (windows) performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From johnf
Subject Re: localhost (windows) performance
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 07 October 2008 08:20:16 am you wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 11:11 AM, johnf <jfabiani@yolo.com> wrote:
> > I then thought it had something to do with the data -although the data
> > set is small.  I did a complete dump and restored on his machine and
> > again got the same results.  The machine has a recent motherboard with 2
> > gb of ram.  It does not appear to be swapping out ram.
>
> The standard first question- has the 8.3 db been analyzed?
>
> Compare the plans from the two systems- you may be getting different
> plans that account for the apparent slowdown.

No I did not check.  But we are talking about very small data sets.  No table
has more than 50 rows.  I doubt that analyze will provide anything - but I
could be wrong.  There is about 20 SQL statements that read data (selects
only) and they are very straight forward without joins or sub-selects.   So
I'm thinking it has something to do with the way windows runs postgres or a
setting in XP.

--
John Fabiani