Re: schema name in SQL statement. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From johnf
Subject Re: schema name in SQL statement.
Date
Re: schema name in SQL statement.
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 19 August 2008 04:01:55 pm Adrian Klaver wrote:
> From: "Masis, Alexander (US SSA)" <alexander.masis@baesystems.com>
>
> > I have to explicitly specify the schema name to make SQL statement to
> > work.
> > Can I set the schema before the query, or set a default schema?
> > My current statement:
> > "SELECT col FROM schema.table"
> > I like to be able to use generic SQL statement like:
> > "SELECT col FROM table"
> >

> > --
>
> See search_path in:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/runtime-config-client.html
>

> --
> Adrian Klaver
> aklaver@comcast.net

I see answers like this all the time.  When I review the doc's I still don't
know how to set the "search_path" because there is no example in the doc's.
Do I do something like this:
"select search_path=(public)"  or "select search_path="public" .  So how is
the search_path set?

--
John Fabiani