Re: Getting to universal binaries for Darwin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Getting to universal binaries for Darwin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Am Saturday, 19. July 2008 schrieb Tom Lane:
> The bad news is that if you only do that, only the arch that you
> actually build on will work.  We have configure set up to insert
> various hardware-dependent definitions into pg_config.h and
> ecpg_config.h, and if you don't have the right values visible for
> each compilation, the resulting executables will fail.

I'd imagine a related problem are the run tests in configure.  They will
produce results for the platform that you run configure on.  More properly,
you should run configure in cross-compilation mode (twice, and then merge the
output, as previously described), but I am not sure how that will turn out
when configure attempts to determine alignment and endianness with
compilation-only tests.  You should probably check some of those results very
carefully and help it out with some cache variables.