Re: Postgres-R: primary key patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Postgres-R: primary key patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Markus Wanner wrote:

> (Although, I'm still less than thrilled about the internal storage
> format of these tuple collections. That can certainly be improved and
> simplified.)

Care to expand more on what it is?  On Replicator we're using the binary
send/recv routines to transmit tuples.  (Obviously this fails when the
master and slave have differing binary output, but currently we just
punt on this point).