Re: pg_dump lock timeout - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: pg_dump lock timeout
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave,
 Just a few comments regarding your pg_dump lock timeout patch (in general I like the concept and agree with adding
it):
 - No validity checking that the argument passed in has anything to dowith a number.  The backend will do this, but it
strikesme as a bitodd to not do any checking at argument processing time.

 - You call the argument 'wait time' in the documentation, but 'DELAY'in the command-line help.  I'd recommend using
oneterm and stickingto it.  You're already two lines in the command-line help, you canspell it out as 'WAIT_TIME' or
similar.
 - getTables() uses different variables for each query, and I'minclined to agree with that approach to make following
thecodeeasier.  I'd encourage you to add a new variable for thestatement_timeout query rather than reusing the lockqry
variable.Youcould even offset this by removing the unused delqry variable.

 Otherwise, looks good to me.
     Thanks,
    Stephen