Re: keyword list/ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: keyword list/ecpg
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 10:39:48AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> What happens when a non-Michael developer changes the original gram.y?
> Is he expected to run the script before committing too?  That sounds
> brittle to me.

The situation used to be that this only caused ecpg to be out-of-sync.
No big deal. But nowadays it might break compilation. If you add a new
keyword to keywords.c but not to preproc.y you'll get an undefined
symbol during build process.

To make sure stuff like this cannot happen in the future I'd prefer to
have the script run automatically, albeit having a defined, but maybe
non-functional, default.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Go VfL Borussia! Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!