Re: keyword list/ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: keyword list/ecpg
Date
Re: keyword list/ecpg  (Mike Aubury <mike.aubury@aubit.com>)
Re: keyword list/ecpg  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Mike Aubury wrote:

> Theres also another thing that needs to be decided, which is if the generated
> ecpg grammer should be developer generated (ie. Michael Meskes runs a script
> and commits the output), or should be generated for each and every source
> based installation. I personally would stongly favour the script being a tool
> for ecpg tool developers and not used as part of a normal installation.

What happens when a non-Michael developer changes the original gram.y?
Is he expected to run the script before committing too?  That sounds
brittle to me.