Re: cannot use result of (insert..returning) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: cannot use result of (insert..returning)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> >> No, it's a known limitation.
> >>

> > Is there a TODO item for this?  I don't see one, do you?
> >

> Allow INSERT/UPDATE ... RETURNING inside a SELECT 'FROM' clause
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-09/msg00803.php
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-10/msg00693.php

Yes, but the TODO item talks about its use in the FROM clause, while the
failed query is using it in the target list.

Updated TODO with new URL is:

* Allow INSERT/UPDATE ... RETURNING inside a SELECT 'FROM' clause or target list
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-06/msg00124.php

http://enterprisedb.com