Re: DROP ROLE dependency tracking ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: DROP ROLE dependency tracking ...
Date
Re: DROP ROLE dependency tracking ...  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hans-Juergen Schoenig wrote:

> when thinking of REASSIGNED OWNED people tend to think about tables
> rather than about CONNECT rights.
> i would suggest to make DROP ROLE just kill the role unless there is a
> real object depending on it.
> i would not see a permission to be an object. what do you think?

Yes, this might make some sense.  (Keep in mind that db CONNECT
privileges were invented after REASSIGN OWNED).  Perhaps we could make
exceptions -- in which case it would be good to investigate which
exceptions we need (i.e. for all object types that we support, which
ones we should be caring about and which ones we should ignore).

I'm stuck in Canuckistan for a week still, so I expect your detailed
proposal by when I get back home ;-)