Re: Problem with server/utils/snapmgr.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Problem with server/utils/snapmgr.h
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Chris Browne wrote:

> And I was trying to build against CVS HEAD (for both projects ;-)) and
> observed it:
>
> cbbrowne@dba2:CMD/slony1-HEAD/src/backend> make
> gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../.. -fpic -I/opt/OXRS/dbs/pgsql84-beta/include/
-I/opt/OXRS/dbs/pgsql84-beta/include/server/ -c -o slony1_funcs.o slony1_funcs.c

> slony1_funcs.c: In function '_Slony_I_createEvent':
> slony1_funcs.c:142: error: 'SerializableSnapshot' undeclared (first use in this function)
> slony1_funcs.c:142: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> slony1_funcs.c:142: error: for each function it appears in.)
>
> The definition for SerializableSnapshot has moved from
> server/utils/tqual.h to server/utils/snapmgr.h

Well, considering that my next patch proposes removing
SerializableSnapshot altogether, I think Slony will need some
rejiggering.

What do you need SerializableSnapshot for?  Perhaps this is reason
enough not to remove it (but I doubt it.)  Please point me to an online
copy of slony1_funcs.c.