Re: Testing pg_terminate_backend() - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Testing pg_terminate_backend()
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> bruce wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:

> > > That was me. As long as the script runs properly on linux, I can
> > > get that started as soon as I'm fed instructions on how to do
> > > it :-) Do I just fix the paths and set it running, or do I need
> > > to prepare something else?
> >
> > Nothing special to prepare.  Compile with asserts enabled, and run
> > the script.  The comment at the top explains how to analyze the log
> > for interesting error messages.
>
> Oh, you need to set a variable in the script indicating the average
> number of seconds it takes to run the regression test on your system.

Done that. Also, I needed to replace "gmake" with "make", since I'm on
linux...

Anyway. It's been running for about 12 hours now, and I have *nothing*
in the output file. That tells me that the script doesn't appear to be
working - correct? It should output *something* there, right? (It's
obviously running, because I've got about 400,000 lines in nohup.out..)

Argh. So here I am looking at it now for details, and it seems the
script should be run from src/test/regress, and I ran it from the root
directory.. Oops. Also, I needed to place psql in the path - it failed
to find it, but hid the error message.

Just a hint if someone else is running it ;-)

//Magnus