Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearch fixup - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearch fixup
Date
Re: float4/float8/int64 passed by value with tsearch fixup
List pgsql-patches
Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:

> - float4 conversion is risk free (patch #1)

I applied this #1 patch.  It needed some further adjustments; in
particular contrib/btree_gist regression check was crashing, and
utils/fmgr/README needed updating.

With contrib/seg also adjusted to use float4 instead of float32, and
thus the last usage of float32 gone, I am now wondering if it would be a
good idea to remove the float32 and float32data definitions in c.h.

Thanks to Zoltan for the patch.