Re: Lessons from commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date
Re: Lessons from commit fest  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Lessons from commit fest  ("Brendan Jurd" <direvus@gmail.com>)
Re: Lessons from commit fest  ("Dawid Kuroczko" <qnex42@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> There has been talk of the lessons we learned during this commit fest,
> but exactly what lessons did we learn?  I am not clear on that so I
> assume others are not as well.   What are we going to do differently
> during the next commit fest?

As far as the Wiki page is concerned, it would be good to make sure the
entries have a bit more info than just a header line -- things such as
"author", who reviewed and what did the reviewer say about it.

Some of it is already there.

Something else we learned is that the archives are central (well, we
already knew that, but I don't think we had ever given them so broad
use), and we've been making changes to them so that they are more useful
to reviewers.  Further changes are still needed on them, of course, to
address the remaining problems.

Lastly, I would say that pushing submitters to enter their sent patches
into the Wiki worked -- we need to ensure that they keep doing it.