Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Implement current_query(), that shows the currently executing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Implement current_query(), that shows the currently executing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > OK.  Did someone mention this before because I don't remember it and the
> > patch removed the dblink usage.  Do we continue to document the
> > function?
>
> Yes, I did:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2007-05/msg00098.php

I see what happened.  The author said he had made the change, but the
patch didn't contain it:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2007-05/msg00132.php
> >     FWIW I think you should still provide dblink_current_query, even if it's
> >
> >     only a wrapper over current_query(), for backwards compatibility.
>
> Good point. Done as suggested (I think, or did you mean also the change
> of instances to use current_query()?). Replaced dblink_current_query
> with an SQL procedure wrapper, I assume that's the most efficient way of
> doing it?

So do we document it or just add a function entry point?

http://enterprisedb.com