Re: Databasing sponsors - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Databasing sponsors
Date
Re: Databasing sponsors  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-www

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:15:45 -0700
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Josh,
>
> > sponsor table:
> >
> > id - serial pk
> > stype - the type of sponsor
> > description - how they sponsor
> name - sponsor name

Doh... I had that on my screen, don't know why I didn't paste.

> link - sponsor link

Sure.

> image - sponsor logo image location

Sure.

> location - sponsor location (of HQ, if appropriate)

If we are doing that, I want full info (address, contact etc.. not
exposed of course).

> source - source of sponsor information

What type of source are we talking about here?

> > sponsor_type:
> >
> > stype: the type of sponsor (pk)

We need to add a sort column here, so we know which one shows first.

> I'd like to expand this system to cover doing the full sponsor
> breakdown we discussed and approved 1.5 years ago but never
> implemented.  So as long as I can stuff giving categories into

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It was discussed, it was never
approved and as you are fully aware I had reservations about it.
Further later in conversations we discussed a different scenario.
However, this is a technical discussion and we can get into those
details later.

> "stype", I'm good with it.

Which we will be able to do.

Sincerely,