Re: Databasing sponsors - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Databasing sponsors
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thursday 03 April 2008 21:22, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:15:45 -0700
>
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> > Josh,
> >
> > > sponsor table:
> > >
> > > id - serial pk
> > > stype - the type of sponsor
> > > description - how they sponsor
> >
> > name - sponsor name
>
> Doh... I had that on my screen, don't know why I didn't paste.
>
> > link - sponsor link
>
> Sure.
>
> > image - sponsor logo image location
>
> Sure.
>
> > location - sponsor location (of HQ, if appropriate)
>
> If we are doing that, I want full info (address, contact etc.. not
> exposed of course).
>
> > source - source of sponsor information
>
> What type of source are we talking about here?
>
> > > sponsor_type:
> > >
> > > stype: the type of sponsor (pk)
>
> We need to add a sort column here, so we know which one shows first.
>
> > I'd like to expand this system to cover doing the full sponsor
> > breakdown we discussed and approved 1.5 years ago but never
> > implemented.  So as long as I can stuff giving categories into
>
> Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It was discussed, it was never
> approved and as you are fully aware I had reservations about it.
> Further later in conversations we discussed a different scenario.
> However, this is a technical discussion and we can get into those
> details later.

It's not clear to me that you haven't already opened this up by adding the
stype field.  I don't see anything on the current sponsors page that
indicates what type of sponsor people are, so you've made a subtle but
substantive change to the system defining the schema as you did.

--
Robert Treat