Re: Databasing sponsors - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Databasing sponsors
Date
List pgsql-www
Josh,

> Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It was discussed, it was never
> approved and as you are fully aware I had reservations about it.
> Further later in conversations we discussed a different scenario.
> However, this is a technical discussion and we can get into those
> details later.

It was discussed on this list until there were no objections, and then
discussed and approved in an SPI/JPUG/Fr meeting at the Anniversary.  We
might want to change some specifics now that there are more groups
involved, but I also think you should hesitate before restarting the whole
discussion process, since getting up what we decided on 1.5 years ago has
taken long enough.

In other words, if you start rearguing it, then it's likely sponsor listing
will never go up.  And I don't think that satisfies *anyone*.  It's the
web site design all over again.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus