Re: anyone have experience with using Talend ETL tool - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: anyone have experience with using Talend ETL tool
Date
Re: anyone have experience with using Talend ETL tool  (Tguru <guru@talend.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Le Tuesday 01 April 2008 22:00:11 Irina Connelly, vous avez écrit :
> I am looking around for an ETL tool to transfer data from one Postgres
> database to another periodically.

You could simply rely on COPY for this, as data coming out of PG could be
trusted to be able to get in the other database without much hassle.

> I was wondering if anyone has used Talend's Open Studio or any other
> ETL tools and wouldn't mind sharing their thoughts.

Or you could use pgloader, which I use in production for this kind of purpose
(except the CSV data do not come from another PG database).
  http://pgloader.projects.postgresql.org/

Regards,
--
dim