Re: anyone have experience with using Talend ETL tool - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roberts, Jon
Subject Re: anyone have experience with using Talend ETL tool
Date
List pgsql-general
> Hi,
>
> Le Tuesday 01 April 2008 22:00:11 Irina Connelly, vous avez écrit :
> > I am looking around for an ETL tool to transfer data from one Postgres
> > database to another periodically.
>
> You could simply rely on COPY for this, as data coming out of PG could be
> trusted to be able to get in the other database without much hassle.

COPY does a great job on the LOAD part of ETL but it doesn't do anything for EXTRACT or TRANSFORM.  An ETL should
handleType 1 and Type 2 dimensions, connect to disparate data sources, build fact tables, etc.

Jon