Re: CVS repository invalid revision - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: CVS repository invalid revision
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christian Robottom Reis wrote:

>     I'm running a conversion of PostgreSQL's CVS repository, but I'm
> stuck on a revision that cscvs fails to parse. The hint that the error
> gives me is:
>
> Parser error: failed to parse revision data line (line: 'date: 2000/12/04 01:20:38;  author: tgl;  state: Exp;
lines:
> ')
>
> That's the literal output -- I'm not sure what the linebreak after
> "lines:" means.
>
> Can someone help me out by finding and fixing the corrupted revision?
> I"d be most grateful.

There's no corrupted revision -- the text you see is part of a log
message, not a real header line.  So the cscvs tool would seem to
need to be able to cope with that.  The complete entry (this is from
contrib/pgcrypto/md5.c, but there are several more files touched by this
commit) is this:
revision 1.3date: 2001-01-09 13:07:13 -0300;  author: momjian;  state: Exp;  lines: +16 -16;The KAME files md5.* and
sha1.*have the following changelogentry:

----------------------------revision 1.2date: 2000/12/04 01:20:38;  author: tgl;  state: Exp;  lines:+18 -18Eliminate
someof the more blatant platform-dependencies ... itbuilds here now, anyway ...----------------------------

Which basically changes u_int*_t -> uint*_t, so now it does notcompile neither under Debian 2.2 nor under NetBSD 1.5
whichisplatform independent<B8> all right.  Also it replaces $KAME$with $Id$ which is Bad Thing. PostgreSQL Id should
beadded as aseparate line so the file history could be seen.

So here is patch:
* changes uint*_t -> uint*.  I guess that was the original  intention* adds uint64 type to include/c.h because its
needed [somebody should check if I did it right]* adds back KAME Id, because KAME is the master repository* removes
stupidc++ comments in pgcrypto.c* removes <sys/types.h> from the code, its not needed

--marko
Marko Kreen

And then you have the actual 1.2 revision mentioned in the log message,
which is
revision 1.2date: 2000-12-03 22:20:38 -0300;  author: tgl;  state: Exp;  lines: +18 -18;Eliminate some of the more
blatantplatform-dependencies ... it builds here now, anyway ...