BUG #3872: backslash_quote = off doesn't work any more - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David Gradwell
Subject BUG #3872: backslash_quote = off doesn't work any more
Date
Re: BUG #3872: backslash_quote = off doesn't work any more
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3872
Logged by:          David Gradwell
Email address:      david@gradwell.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3-beta3
Operating system:   Windows Server 2003
Details:

set backslash_quote = off in postgresql.conf

create table a (a1 varchar(100))

insert into a(a1)   values ( '\602')

gives ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x82'

It worked fine in 8.2 !!

In fact to meet the sql standard we shouldn't have to change the conf file.
The default should be SQL compliance !!

I can email the current and 8.2 conf files if helpful.

Thanks