Re: Dumb question about binary cursors and #ifdef HAVE_INT64_TIMESTAMP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Dumb question about binary cursors and #ifdef HAVE_INT64_TIMESTAMP
Date
Re: Dumb question about binary cursors and #ifdefHAVE_INT64_TIMESTAMP  ("Dann Corbit" <DCorbit@connx.com>)
List pgsql-general
Dann Corbit wrote:
> If I create a binary cursor on a recent version of PostgreSQL, how can I
> tell if the timestamp data internally is an 8 byte double or an 8 byte
> integer?
>
> I see an #ifdef that changes the code path to compute timestamps as one
> type or the other, but I do not know how to recognize the internal
> format of the type that will be returned in a binary cursor.
>
> How can I do that?

SHOW integer_timestamp;

(actually, IIRC, this is one of the params that the server will send you
at session start).

--
Alvaro Herrera                         http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvherre/
"Y eso te lo doy firmado con mis lágrimas" (Fiebre del Loco)