Re: libgcc double-free, backend won't die - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: libgcc double-free, backend won't die
Date
List pgsql-performance
Craig James wrote:
> This is driving me crazy.  I have some Postgres C function extensions
> in a shared library.  They've been working fine.  I upgraded to Fedora
> Core 6 and gcc4, and now every time psql(1) disconnects from the
> server, the serverlog gets this message:
>
>   *** glibc detected *** postgres: mydb mydb [local] idle: double free or corruption! (!prev): 0x08bfcde8

Do you have any Perl or Python functions or stuff like that?

>  Postgres 8.1.4

Please upgrade to 8.1.10 and try again.  If it still fails we will be
much more interested in tracking it down.

--
Alvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile   ICBM: S 39º 49' 18.1", W 73º 13' 56.4"
Maybe there's lots of data loss but the records of data loss are also lost.