Re: Fair large change to contributors - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Fair large change to contributors
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 11:23:58PM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >>Magnus' concern is svn diff, which does not really work.  (I've been
> >>annoyed by this).
> >
> >correct. And I repeat that I see no actual gain countering this
> >annoyance... If there was enough on the plus side, I'd be happy to live
> >with it...
>
> Consistency is more important than general annoyance but I am trying to

The system is *specifically designed* not to lock filenames to URLs. I
don't understand why you have such a hard time to accept that ;-)

For example, hosting pages are served by professional.php. Techdocs are
served by communitydocs.php. That is *intended*.

The only place where filenames are supposed to be "consistent" with URLs is
in the static area of /templates/.

> find a happy medium here. What if I leave the old file in place but
> empty with a comment of why? Thus the svn diff etc... stays intact.

Eh, that's just plain stupid, really. If that's the option, then I'd rather
see the file removed.

> Considering we are now talking about contributors not developer bios
> that should be sufficient.
>
> I will admit that I didn't change the underlying tables. I wanted to but
> didn't because I am unaware of what else may call to them.

What did you want to change and how? I don't *think* anybody elses uses
them, except you'd have to update the admin interface as well of course.

//Magnus