Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Use strip -x on OS/X-darwin because non-"-x" causes link - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Use strip -x on OS/X-darwin because non-"-x" causes link
Date
Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Use strip -x on OS/X-darwinbecause non-"-x" causes link
List pgsql-committers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:
> >
> > > How will this work, considering that $template isn't set anywhere?
> >
> > It won't, of course.  Perhaps something like
> >
> >     if test `uname -s` = Darwin
> >
> > instead.
>
> I am afraid some unames don't have -s, so I did uname -a and tested for
> it starting with Darwin.  Patch attached and applied.

Hmm, this doesn't seem to work for me:

$ if test expr "`uname -a`" : 'Darwin' -ne 0
>   then  stripprog="${STRIPPROG-strip -x}"
>   else  stripprog="${STRIPPROG-strip}"
>   fi
-bash: test: too many arguments

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"La naturaleza, tan frágil, tan expuesta a la muerte... y tan viva"