Re: A small rant about coding style for backend functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: A small rant about coding style for backend functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark wrote:

> "Brendan Jurd" <direvus@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > They are clear, useful and easy to understand.
> >
> > [1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0007/
> > [2] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/
>
> I didn't look at the second but the first at least is a good example of a
> style guide which is *not* useful. It's dominated by discussions of
> white-space and other formatting issues.

Actually it is excellent guide because we use most of the same rules.

(PEP 8 is about code style for code written in Python)

--
Alvaro Herrera                        http://www.advogato.org/person/alvherre
"I'm always right, but sometimes I'm more right than other times."