Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off - Mailing list pgsql-general

From A. Kretschmer
Subject Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off
Date
In response to Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off  ("Bill Bartlett" <bbartlett@softwareanalytics.com>)
Responses Re: Request: Anyone using bogus / "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers, could we please turn them off  ("Bill Bartlett" <bbartlett@softwareanalytics.com>)
List pgsql-general
am  Fri, dem 05.10.2007, um 10:05:32 -0400 mailte Bill Bartlett folgendes:
> Quick request to the group: we have several members who include bogus or
> "humorous" X-Message-Flag headers in their email messages.  Could I
> request that you _please_ turn them off?  Because they come through as

Do you mean me?

> flagged messages in Outlook,  it throws off my email rules processing
> and the messages end up into the wrong groups.  (With the volume of

This header is a special Outlook-Feature. If this header realy make
problems in _this_ software, then i think, _this_ software is broken.
But hey, tell news ;-)

And yes: there are any email-software available, without problems.
Including Windows.

> (Yes, I understand people's personal preferences for not liking Windows
> or Outlook or Microsoft, but that isn't going to change the applications
> that I need to use for my day-to-day work.  Feel free to continue

Okay, i like this list and i like the people here. I will try to disable
this special header line for this and only this list (okay, for all
postgresql-lists). Let me try, i'm not sure how to disable this
header-line only for *@postgresql.org.

Please, don't beat me if this header are still in this message, the
problem is work in progress... i'm not sure if i change the config
properly.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer