Re: Thread-safe PREPARE in ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From ITAGAKI Takahiro
Subject Re: Thread-safe PREPARE in ecpg
Date
List pgsql-patches
Here is a revised patch against CVS HEAD.
I fixed a bug in ECPGdeallocate_all().

Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Could you please create a small example that we could add to the
> regression suite?

The attached prep.pgc is an example for this fix,
that repeats EXEC SQL PREPARE and EXECUTE in loops.
It works with pthread and Win32 thread.

> > I needed to change the following exported functions, but it will
> > introduce an incompatibility issue. It might be ok for CVS HEAD,
> > but I'd like to port the fix to back versions. Do you have any
> > thoughts on how we can accomplish this better?
>
> No idea at the moment, sorry.

For porting back to 8.2, I'm planning to keep ECPGdeallocate,
ECPGdeallocate_all and ECPGprepared_statement as their original names,
and add new versions with different names. If users use only thread
default connection, the simplified version would work enough.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center